Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Week 57


I made my companion and me pasta with tomato sauce, onion and sausage, yum! 
(Before I went to the hospital since I now can´t eat things like this:P)

It feels like I just wrote back home...guess that´s because I wrote last Wednesday instead of Monday! Anyways, it was a little rough getting back in the swing of things after leaving the hospital since we didn´t have any appointments to go off of, and since this week is Spring Break, or "Semana Santa" as they call it here, everyone was out of town or had family visiting. Honestly, we weren´t able to find anyone new, at least with a good interest, and our past investigators that we did find, seemed to have lost track of their growth. We had high hopes that our investigator Lupito would make it to church this week, but he ended up sleeping in again :/

Saturday night when I got back to the house, I felt pretty discouraged and went to bed early with a head full of worries. Luckily, church services the next day helped me a TON. It´s the first time in a while I feel like I truly came to church with a broken heart and contrite spirit. With a soul hungering for relief from my worries and stress and mistakes. I was able to take the sacrament with a determination to continue onward despite all that and an amazing peace came unto me. I´m so grateful for the opportunity we have to renew our covenants every week and receive the energy and motivation we need, I love the sacrament!!

Funny story, after the sacrament, they announced the speakers. First was Sister Tonge, then Sister Castro, two sister missionaries in our ward. I thought "Oh how sweet, they called the sisters to speak" but then they announced the intermediate hymn and followed by the last speaker, Elder Lightheart. Elder Lightheart..Elder Lightheart...wait a sec that´s me! Yikes! I freaked out for a second thinking they never told me I was going to speak in sacrament meeting, but then I remembered that the 2nd Counselor talked to me last week in church, after Priesthood, asking if I could talk about the resurrection for about 10 minutes. Since it was during Priesthood I figured he was talking about for the next Priesthood class. It never crossed my mind that it was an assignment to speak in sacrament meeting! Anyway, long story short, at least I had prepared something to talk about and was able to improvise the rest, but man did that scare the heck out of me!

About my stomach, everything seems to be improving well. The hospital visit was more of a precaution like I explained last week. I´ve been caring for my body more with a diet and it seems to be helping. I see the doctor in 2 or 3 weeks to see the results of the biopsies to make sure there aren't any bacteria remaining. I´m happy to be back in the work of the Lord and ready to work hard this week!

It started raining today, finally!! But it´s supposed to be hot this week, even with cloudy skies, the worst! To answer my mom´s question, no I haven´t grown any taller, at least I don´t think so...and I have been going up and down in weight, but overall haven´t changed much. In fact, I weighed myself yesterday and I´m exactly where I was when I left home. At one point in December, after leaving the hospital and following a super strict diet, I lost a decent amount of weight, but gained it back little by little later on, so that´s why I´m back to normal now. I am following a diet now, but it´s not as strict and it´s only until I see the doctor again so I don´t think I'll lose much weight. 

I love you all and wish you all the best of luck this week!:D

We have pigeons as friends outside our house!

When we made chicken hamburgers with red hot dogs and a ton of other ingredients!
 (Also before the hospital haha!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment