Monday, June 13, 2016

Week 68


Gave my first hair cut!! It turned out pretty well,
oh and I cut my trainer's hair during exchanges as well :)

I can´t believe the school year is already ending, that means it´s been 2 years since I graduated. What?!?1! :O Time sure flies.

 
This week was AMAZING! Although no, we didn't have anyone in church this week. We tried our best and have several planning to go this week. My favorite part about this week was how we were able to give away several Books of Mormon to people who will truly benefit from it. One was Francisco, who went to church last week, and he read a ton and yesterday, when we visited him, he told us all about the nefitas y lamanitas (Nephites and Lamanites) and their wars and contention. He asked us how it all started and I asked him how he doesn't know because it explains it in the beginning of the Book of Mormon. He just replied that one doesn't just read from front to back. He reads where he finds interest. Turns out he started from Moroni and worked backwards! Works for me because he read Moroni 10:4-5 which is probably the most important scripture for him. The sad part is we said goodbye to him since he leaves Wednesday for Merida, where he´ll be working for the next few months or so. I hope he´ll be able to follow our invitation to find the missionaries and church where he goes. Also we showed him the church website and how to find talks from general conference and showed him President Monson's last talk. He loved it :) 

We may not have been able to have investigators in church, but I see the difference the Lord is making in these peoples' lives through my dedicated service and that is all the motivation I need. I love this work!

Something I loved this week in the lesson from the "Teachings of the Presidents: Howard W. Hunter" talks about true greatness and it says,

“Those things which we call extraordinary, remarkable, or unusual may make history, but they do not make real life."

“After all, to do well those things which God ordained to be the common lot of all mankind, is the truest greatness. To be a successful father or a successful mother is greater than to be a successful general or a successful statesman.”

I learned a lot from the lesson in Chapter 11 and recommend it to you to study as well because it helps us understand that we don´t need to be great in the eyes of the world in order to have true greatness. If we follow God´s plans for us, as simple as they may be, we can know we are achieving that true greatness. 

Love you all and thanks for taking the time to read a humble servant's letters :D

Oh and shout out to my best friend Benjamin Quesada! Thanks for all the good times we've had and hope we´ll continue to have, and for reading my blog posts, it means a lot!! 



Decided to make a nice little breakfast for me and my companion today!!

We finally got organized with a whiteboard we found hid away:D


No comments:

Post a Comment