Monday, June 27, 2016

Week 70

MINION HAT!

Another week in the service of the Lord and I am loving the opportunity to keep serving. Today our new mission president, President Maucotel, arrives and tomorrow morning President Bird heads home after his 3 year service as mission president. I am so blessed to have had the opportunity to meet such a wonderful man and will never forget all his love and support for the mission as well as for me personally. It'll be exciting to meet our new president this week when we have a meeting with him on Thursday. You can look up his profile online to find out more about him, I just know he lives in Washington and served in various church callings.

This week we had amazing experiences! We visited Francisco who was sent to the hospital last week for what we think was a stroke, but the doctors never confirmed what it was. The second counselor of the bishopric accompanied us and we got to know him a little better. He hasn't been a member very long and so he',s still learning a lot, but we invited him to give Francisco a blessing when he asked for one. He hesitated saying it's better if we do it since he doesn't know how too very well. My companion explained to him how to give a blessing and encouraged him until he eventually accepted. He gave a wonderful blessing, but it's what he told us later on that touched me. Sunday, he pulled us aside and told us he wanted to share something with us and thank us for giving him the opportunity to give a priesthood blessing. He explained how during the blessing he felt his whole body tremble and a warm sensation filled him entirely. Sharing this experience with the Bishop previously, he was explained and now knows that that experience was him being filled with the spirit of God and becoming an instrument in his hands. I loved hearing that! :)

Also this week, we didn't have investigators in the church, but Vicente, who is a recent convert recovering from a surgery, arrived for the first time in the ward since he is living with his daughter now and how great was my joy to see him there!! Thinking about it in the Lord's perspective, it's just as marvelous or important as a baptism, because every soul is great in His sight.

A scripture I found while reading helped me see a way to explain to investigators that this church isn't the church of Joseph Smith, but of Jesus Christ. In 3 Nephi 27:7-8 it says,

" 7 Therefore, whatsoever ye shall do, ye shall do it in my name; therefore ye shall call the church in my name; and ye shall call upon the Father in my name that he will bless the church for my sake.

8 And how be it my church save it be called in my name? For if a church be called in Moses’ name then it be Moses’ church; or if it be called in the name of a man then it be the church of a man; but if it be called in my name then it is my church, if it so be that they are built upon my gospel."

I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church of Christ. I know that my Savior Jesus Christ lives and guides the church through the prophet Thomas S. Monson and all church leaders who seek revelation. I love you all and thank you for your support! :D

I've worn out my shoes pretty well.

New shoes! Thanks, Mom!!



Breakfast that I made!

My companion and I eating breakfast :)




1 comment:

  1. This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives indepth information. Thanks for this nice article.
    taxi aeropuerto monterrey

    ReplyDelete