Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Week 15

Well it's only been 4 days since my last email since we went to the temple last week, so not much has changed. The last few days have been pretty difficult because of the many disappointments we had. Almost all of our appointments fell through, and none of our investigators were able to make it to church. Luckily I have been taught better than to let moments like these deter my faith or optimism. It's a simple fact in life that there will be trials and difficulties, but without them, there would be no wonderful experiences, joy or growth!

I am determined to continue forward and work that much harder to encourage my investigators to make it next week, and also to continue searching for new people to teach. The highlight of the last few days was when my companion and I had our companionship inventory, which is were we take time to discuss what went well in the week, what we can improve, and overall thoughts and feelings about our work or each other. This week I realized just how much our relationship has grown. We have a lot of differences, but we have worked hard to be open with each other and adjust to each others likes, dislikes and habits. It has been a wonderful experience to get to know Elder Toledano and I am really grateful to have him as my trainer. Although my training is almost over, I can't believe it! I'll be a normal missionary after this week and the next!Anyways it's time to start this week fresh and get to work!

My first attempt at boiling eggs and making an egg salad sandwich, turns out I love egg salad! Don't know why I always thought it was gross:P

No comments:

Post a Comment