Friday, June 5, 2015

Week 14

My District Leader Elder Burnette and I at the temple!

This last week and a half has been crazy. Seriously, so much happened that I couldn't even begin to explain it all, so I'll just highlight a few of the high points:) First of all after a lot of hard work, planning and prayer, we were finally able to get some of our investigators to church this last Sunday!!! There was Keren (a young single mom), Yolanda (a middle aged single mom) and Alma with her 3 kids, Gaudi (10), Raul (7) and Almita (6)!!
 
One super fun and cool experience I had this week was a Noche de Hogar (Family Night) with Alma's family and the Villela family. This time we had visited the Villela's ahead of time and asked them if they could teach the lesson this time. We split it up into little parts and had three of them talk on the creation/fall, life on earth, and the atonement. It was one of the best feelings ever being able to see a family we had just baptized continuing to grow by learning to share the gospel with their friends:D Then after the lesson we played a few Minuto para Ganar (Minute-to-Win.it) games and split up into three teams of 4. The games were first to place a cookie on your forehead and try to get it into your mouth without using your hands or anything which was hilarious to watch! Next we had to keep three balloons in the air for a minute, and finally we filled foam cups with whipped cream with a little candy in the bottom and we had to break the cup and find the candy in under a minute. It was super fun and the kids all loved it:) Then for a snack Alma made some delicious tacos with meat, potatoes, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, cream and lime juice. YUMMM

Another super amazing experience I had this week was a lesson I had during a exchange with my Zone Leader Elder Salls. It was the first visit with a man named Mario Rojas who is an older man living by himself. We started out by getting to know him and found out he's technically catholic, but that's just because he was baptized into it as a baby, which almost everyone here is. He told us how he doesn't follow any one religion, but believes in God and everything. Also how he doesn't agree with baptizing babies because they have no say in it. Then I brought up the principle of baptism and the way in which we believe it is to be done and invited him to be baptized. I was amazed when he responded immediately "bauticeme!" which means baptize me! That's the first time I've ever taught someone who responded with such enthusiasm and we set a date for his baptism and he accepted the invitation to prepare for that date! The crazy thing is that he lives literally down the street from our house too.

Lastly was being able to go to the temple this morning!!! This time I was able to understand even more which was great and I received a lot of comfort and counsel as well. I am super blessed to be able to go to the temple so often:)

My companion Elder Toledano and I at the temple!


The weather has been pretty normal actually which is super hot, but there was one day when we had a crazy wind storm! There were some little tiny twisters that picked up trash and stuff, but nothing dangerous or anything, so don't worry. Although I heard from a member that in a place not too far there was a tornado that picked up buses and stuff! Yikes! LOVE YOU ALL

My ham egg and cheese omelette breakfast I'm pretty proud of :P


No comments:

Post a Comment