Monday, October 3, 2016

Week 84

Gotta love the first night with a new missionary Campechanas! He loved them!


I´m training again!!!! My new trainee is Elder Polanco, who is from Yucatan, Merida, which is close to Cancun. He is so full of energy and positive about everything, which I am loving. Also, he is super humble and always asking me how he can improve or what he should do that would make it easy to teach him and help him progress faster, unlike me, who was very unpersuasive at the beginning of my mission...Anyways, we are now in the Pedregal Ward, which congregates where I met together with my first Zone while in Apodaca, a chapel on top of a hill. Also our Zone meets together in Bosques de San Miguel, which is where my second Zone met together while in my last 3 transfers in Apodaca! Small world!

New companion Elder Polanco, whom I am training!!


So another crazy experience happened this week. First of all, my new house is great and has AIR CONDITIONING!! I sleep like a baby here! But that came to be my doom when I woke up Saturday morning. I got up to use the bathroom at like 5:30 am and I had heard it raining outside super hard for hours. When I opened our room door I realized that it wasn't rain...the pipe running to the toilet had busted and had been spurting out water for hours!! I followed the water and saw that it had went down the stairs and flooded the downstairs bathroom and part of the kitchen. Luckily Elder Polanco is a great guy and got up with me at 5:30 and we swept, mopped, and bucketed the house dry, which took hours...and then we continued on with our studies and later went to the conference sessions. Needless to say, we were done once we got home that night. An experience neither my companion nor I will forget!

We had many experiences in our area and were able to find people, but no one ended up attending the general conference, but we won´t lose hope! Our most prominent investigator is named Laura Elena, who is the girlfriend of a recent convert named Manuel Delgado. They are both pretty old and it´s super cute that they are in love and wanting to get married, but they want her to get baptized first. We set a baptism date for the 15th of October, but she didn't end up making it to conference, so we might have to extend that date. Let´s hope she can make it to church this week!

Conference was amazing, as always, and I am sad that it was my last one while on the mission. It covered many of the topics we have been focusing on as a mission like repentance, baptism, families, the atonement and much more. I especially liked the talks given by D. Todd Christofferson and Henry B. Eyring, who talked about lifting others up and helping them become as our Father in Heaven wants and knows they can become. I hope to follow their counsel and encourage those I can to lift themselves up through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed the Conference as much as I did, and if you haven´t seen it yet, make time to watch or read at least one talk a day and I promise you that God will bless you more than he ever has and you will be able to see his hand in your lives more abundantly. Love you all and hope you have a great week!

Last morning with Elder Gayosso...gonna miss him!!



No comments:

Post a Comment