Monday, October 24, 2016

Week 87

These cards rock for making towers. This is the best one I've ever made! :D


This week was a little frustrating for me, not being able to give my all due to recovering from the minor surgery I had, but I will be seeing my doctor later today and hopefully I will be given the okay to get out more. I do feel a heck of a lot better than last week though, so I'm very hopeful. It never was too painful, but I got really sore easily and tired out quickly, which kept me from being able to work long hours.

I was able to get a lot of studying in though, which was a blessing, for sure. I spent much of my time reading the Book of Mormon and was able to see many stories of valiant warriors and missionaries suffering major afflictions, but never giving up and always trusting in the Lord with patience, as those of the people of Nephi in the days of Alma and his son Alma the Younger. One of my favorite scriptures I came across again was,

Alma 1:25 "Now this was a great trial to those that did stand fast in the faith; nevertheless, they were steadfast and immovable in keeping the commandments of God, and they bore with patience the persecution which was heaped upon them."

The Book of Mormon really does strengthen us in our afflictions as well as bring answers to our prayers. I have come to have a greater love for it through my studies and experiences and I know it will happen for ALL those who read it diligently with faith in the Lord.

With the little time we could get out to proselyte, we focused on a part-member family, the Sanchez Rodriguez Family. The mother, Juanita, is the only member in her family and we started teaching her husband. He has listened respectfully and asked some very interesting questions like why would the Lord command Nephi to kill Laban if he commands us that thou shalt not kill in the ten commandments. We helped him find the answer by directing him to 1 Nephi 4 and left him the homework to study it out and pray for guidance to discover the answer for himself. Also we were able to give them service by painting their living room walls. How fun!

I can't wait to be able to work more and more as I get my strength back this week! Love you all and thank you for your prayers and support, have a wonderful week!!


My little district at the Temple last week! (Top left to right Elder Cortez, Elder Rincon,
Elder Cerna, Elder Cornejo. Bottom left to right Elder Lightheart, Elder Polanco)

I taught the other missionaries in our ward how to play Wizard!
(We call it El MAGO in Spanish.) It's a little harder without wizard cards,
but I tried it with Aces like wizards and 2's like jokers and they loved it!
I won naturally :P

Oat+hot dog burgers! Looks nasty, but tasted great!


No comments:

Post a Comment