Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Week 24

The work of the Lord has been continuing right along and it never seems to stop growing for us lately. It's a huge blessing to have as many wonderful people to teach as we have, but it's equally a huge burden upon our backs to fill the needs of all of them. Luckily, we aren't alone in this work; we have the almighty God behind us supporting us every step of the way. This week we were able to teach a ton of lessons and have amazing experiences along the way. First of all, I'd like to point out the fact that our baptism last week of our investigator Keren was the first of several people that we didn't have to search out for. They came to us. As I explained once before, Keren literally contacted us in the street one day as she called for us and began explaining how she has been waiting for missionaries to come teach her because her mom is a member and she feels it's something she needs in her life with all the problems and challenges she has gone through. It has been amazing to see the changes in her leading up to her baptism last week and confirmation yesterday and I know the Lord placed us in her path so that she could find the gospel that we are so happy to give away. 

Also another investigator of ours named Alfonso showed up one Sunday, out of the blue, and asked us to give him the lessons because he just moved here and had started attending the church where he lived before and is anxious to learn more. I am more than thrilled to say that he is already going to be baptized this Sunday!!! He has family living here which is a huge support and his older brother Hno De la Fuente is going to baptize him:D 

Finally,  yesterday a young woman and her family showed up randomly in church and at first I figured they were investigators of one of the other pairs of missionaries in our ward, but afterwards we were told they live in our area and we talked with the young woman and I guess she had attended a youth camp of sorts and that motivated her to come to the church and find out more. She seems very excited to learn more and receive the lessons and I am once again in awe of the miracles the Lord is bringing to pass so that his work can roll forth.


These experiences have confirmed a counsel that our mission president pointed out, which is that the Lord doesn't need missionaries to accomplish his work. This shocked me at first as I sat there wondering for a minute, then why am I here? He later explained that the Lord doesn't need us, but we need him and that is why we are here. It sounds selfish to me to say that a mission is for the benefit of the missionary, but in the end it's true. I have come to find out for myself through these miracles that if the Lord wants to bring to pass the work of salvation on his own, he can, but he asks that we take the work upon us to shape us into who he wants us to become. In my mission thus far I have learned more about myself than I ever thought possible. My weaknesses, strengths, likes and dislikes, desires, and so much more. This time also gives me the opportunity to learn how to overcome my weaknesses and build upon my strengths in search for the ultimate goal, which is to become like him who sent me here. I am so happy to be here in my mission where I know I am where I am supposed to be and where I can prepare for my future through the experiences I am having. Sorry I can't share more, but there is more work to do in this crazy busy amazing days as a missionary. 

!Adios, hasta el proximo semana!

No comments:

Post a Comment