Monday, October 5, 2015

Week 32

Tuna fish tacos for breakfast. Yum!


It has been a crazy week for sure! My week was filled with tons of meetings leading up to general conference weekend, which was AMAZING! We had District and Ward Correlation Meetings on Tuesday, and Zone Conference on Friday, followed by General Conference. Basically, it was a tough week for missionary work since we hardly had any time to work, but the many trainings, teachings, and inspirations we received will help us to be able to more effectively use the time we do have.

This General Conference was incredible and I can't even begin to express all the things I learned, felt and witnessed, but I'd like to just point out a few things I loved. First I loved all the many deep soul searching questions that were proposed, especially in the Saturday Morning Session like "What is the meaning of my life?" and "What is keeping me from progressing?" or "In what areas of my life do I want to strengthen?" and many more. Self-reflection and goal setting are vital to be able to progress in this life and become who God wants us to become.

Speaking of progression in this life, I received the comfort I needed during this conference when it was explained that "Our direction is evermore important than our speed." by Larry R Lawrence. I realized that I have been too hard on myself at times, comparing myself to others around me whom I feel nothing compared to and try to do everything I can to match or top them. It's something I have learned about myself here in the mission - the extent of my immense competitiveness. This counsel helped me realize that I don't need to be so worried about quickly reaching the levels of others because, as long as I am headed in the right direction and doing my best, God will help me become who I need to become, not who I want to become.

Ugh, there's so much more I'd like to point out, but I just want to say I was awe struck with the talk by Elder Holland about mothers. How the love of Christ is most closely explained or compared to the selfless love of a mother. I just want to express my love and gratitude to all the mothers out there, but especially to my mom. Thank you for all your selfless acts you have done, are doing, and will continue to do. 

My companion bought a birthday candle...Mexican birthday candles are insane!:P



No comments:

Post a Comment