Monday, December 7, 2015

Week 41



This week was a little difficult to be honest because of how much success we had last week compared to this week. Many of our appointments fell through, as well as members who were going to accompany us. Despite these challenges, we were able to press forward and keep hope. The highlight of the week I would say is the Herrera Family we've been teaching since we taught them about the Restoration and the Book of Mormon, which they were super interested in and had a ton of good questions. Especially the father Daniel, who constantly reads and even takes notes on the assignments we leave with him. When we taught him about the Book of Mormon he wanted to know more and asked us to come back the next day, but to come earlier to have more time since he was so excited! The sad news though is that they weren't able to make it to church Sunday, even though they really wanted too, since Daniel had some sort of accident and went to the ER. They didn't tell us too many specifics, but it isn't anything too serious from what I understood. We'll see how it goes this week with them, I hope everything is okay.

Another cool experience was a recent convert family we've been visiting named the Ochoa Family. They hadn't been going to church for a little over a month now, but we've been diligent with passing by to teach them and we've even taken their son Jonathan with us to teach a few lessons. To my great joy they made it to church yesterday:D It's always so nice to see our effort make a difference in the lives of others!

I bought some winter clothes this week finally.
 Too bad it looks like it's going to warm up again this week:/
Fuzzy socks for the cold nights!
I especially love the knee highs ;D

My head looks so big with my hat and helmet, haha!
Well, my 2nd transfer (6 weeks) as a trainer began today! That means my "son" Elder Torres only has 6 weeks left of training before he's all grown up. Crazy how times flies. In my district, only our District Leader Elder Salcedo is leaving, out of the 6 of us, but it's really sad because he is such a funny and loving guy. I will never forget the times we've spent together.

Hamburgers we ordered for delivery during exchanges with Elder Covorrubias!!

The weather has gotten semi hot again, but it's still a little cold in the mornings, which is annoying since I leave all bundled up and later end up having to take it all off and carry it since it's so hot. It's supposed to get up to 90 this Friday!! Oh, one night I taught my companion how to make S'mores. We bought marshmallows, Hershey's and Maria cookies (since graham crackers are hard to come by and it's basically the same) and used charcoal to start a little coal pit to roast them. It had been so long since I'd had one and they were delicious:) Well, that's about all I have to share this week, love you all!

We bought Donuts and Strawberry Chocolate Hot Chocolate since it was a chilly night :D


Probably can't see it but I made Macaroni with Potato chunks, yum!

 
Peach Pie (more like Cheesecake) members gifted us with, delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment