Monday, December 21, 2015

Week 43

They didn't let me walk anywhere, so they rolled me around in a wheelchair, haha !

Well, it's been quite the week to be honest! To sum up what happened, I started with a fever Saturday night and had that under control with medication, until Sunday. I started having diarrhea, which caused the medication to leave before doing its work. By Monday night, I finally bought a thermometer and was checking my temp all night since I couldn't sleep, being constantly cold and having to get up to use the bathroom dozens of times, and it was up in the 103 - 104 degree range all night! It was one rough night and so the next day I called our Mission President's wife in the morning and we decided I should be taken to a clinic. At the clinic, they almost were going to send me away with a list of meds to take, but without planning it, I felt super light headed and almost fainted in the doctor's office. They sent me to a bed to have an IV put in and some medication to calm my fever. There I stayed from 9 in the morning until 4 in the afternoon with the IV. Later I went back to the house to rest the rest of the day.

By the time morning rolled around, I was feeling much better, but still had problems with diarrhea, even after having taken meds for it, so Hermana Bird talked with a trusted doctor she knows, and they decided it would be best to send me to a hospital to make sure everything is okay and to be safe. They sent us to one of the biggest hospitals in the world called Doctors Hospital, which was more like a hotel, to be honest. :P They treated me really well and did some tests to find out what was wrong. Turns out I have what I already had an idea I had, but it's gotten worse. Here it's called Gastritis. The good news is that's all it is, the fever and diarrhea were something apart, but combined together it was quite the mixture!

Outside view of Doctors Hospital, it's huge!!!
Elder Torres and me in the ER
The view from our window, doesn't do it justice, but just so you have an idea.
One of the few things I can eat is Jello, so I made some
for the first time in my life, it's easier than I thought and delicious!

They fed me, I listened to Pentatonix Christmas music and lots more since Pres. Bird allowed it last and this week:D and I slept a lot too, which was nice. We entered the hospital Thursday, in the afternoon, and left by Saturday, in the early evening, and they left me with medicine, a strict diet and I have to come back to be checked in two weeks. In other words, I am in good hands:)

Anyways through all the trials that came this week, I have been able to reflect on what a blessing it truly is to be here in the mission, and how much better it is to be out preaching the gospel, then cooped up in a hospital bed. It's easy to take the mission for granted and I want to make sure I press forward with all my might, mind and strength. Love you all, hope to have more experiences to tell next week outside of my health, but I thought it would be good to explain more clearly what happened. Have a Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Elder Torres and me with our cute little Christmas tree!!!

1 comment: