Monday, February 1, 2016

Week 49

There's sooooo much to tell you all about this week so I'll get going on writing. First of all, I went to see the doctor, who attended me during my stay at Doctors Hospital, last Thursday and there's good news and bad news....well, let's start with the bad news to get it over with. I have a type bacteria which has been causing the gastritis and stomach problems, and it's actually something I had already been tested for when I started having problems, but the blood test wasn't accurate I guess because based on the biopsy they took when I was in the hospital, I am positive for the same bacteria. Alright, now the good news. With antibiotics, the bacteria should be killed off and with it will go the stomach problems and gastritis! And the best part is he said I should be back to eating normal and being able to exercise and play sports again:D Also it never was that I was eating a terrible diet or anything. It was something I caught from food I ate, which brought months of problems. All being said, I am so happy to be able to get back to normal here in a few weeks. I will be seing the docter in a month for the last time, if all goes well!

Okay enough about my health, this week was AMAZING!!! We taught a TON of lessons this week and 10 investigators made it to sacrament! Also a bunch of less active/semi-active members made it so the ward was full for the first time since I've arrived here! Also, with all the new work left by the other Elders, we've been able to line up baptisms every week for the next month, if all goes as planned, starting with a young man named Jose Angel who's in a part member family and has overcome many addictions to get to this point. I am so blessed and happy to be here doing the Lord's work and I hope to continue to see miracles:D

This week I came across a scripture I had read before, but it's been quite a while and I loved it a lot. It's in Doctrine and Covenants 78:19 and says, "And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more."

Let us learn to be more grateful for what we have, instead of complaining about what we don't have or always desiring more and more. Then, we can see the hand of God more abundantly in our lives and we will begin to recognize mountains of blessings.

Well, I am super happy to be here in the work of the Lord and am truly the most blessed person on Earth. Love you all!! Thank you so much for your prayers and support. I know it hasn't been in vain as I've seen miracles because of them. :D. Also, sorry, but this week I can't send any pictures since my adapter isn't working on this computer, for some reason.

I watched Ryan's proposal to Krystina and felt so warm and happy for them that tears began flowing. I wish the best for them and good luck with all the planning. Sounds like it's a lot of work! Just remember to find time to give thanks and not stress out too much because it's a happy time for the family :).

No comments:

Post a Comment