Monday, May 2, 2016

Week 62

Monopoly travel-size with my companion!!:D

Wow! I have so much to say with so little time, but here goes.

Sorry. I forgot my appointment wasn't until Monday after I wrote last week, but there`s good news! If you can call it that:P The bacteria that caused my gastritis came back, it wasn´t completely killed off with the first set of antibiotics so he prescribed me to take them more frequently and for a longer period of time this time. He says I should be back to normal soon, I sure hope so! But if not, I`m just grateful to be able to serve the Lord still:D

You know what, I totally forgot about my presents! I still have them hidden away in my luggage so I`ll get to that tonight. Time sure flies here. I had a wonderful birthday filled with cake and singing "las maƱanitas", which is the Mexican version of Happy Birthday and it`s pretty hilarious. I bought a cheesecake on Tuesday to celebrate the birthday of Elder Shakespeare and me - his was on the 25th. My companion bought me a cake on my birthday in the morning and later the sister that gave us lunch surprised me with another cake!!

Cheesecake with Elder Shakespeare, Elder Dominguez, and Elder Azuara!!!

My companion bought me a cake:D Oh and also Elder Clark, my companion from the
MTC is here in my zone. In fact, he lives just down the street!!


Mom went to a Duck game!? That`s awesome, hope you enjoyed it. I miss those moments with Dad!

I can`t believe how much Kasey has grown, and he looks super handsome in the pictures:O

This week I had some of the most amazing experiences of my mission. In a super rich area of mine, I met a semi-famous rapper hip hop artist who`s toured Mexico and has videos on youtube with over 1.5 million views. He`s named Maury Anaya if you want to look him up. Also, we met another 19-year old who works for Microsoft Mexico, but he's an atheist. We were able to answer all his questions and he even prayed at the end! Later, we found a recent convert knocking doors that had been forced to move in with his daughter for health problems and hadn´t been able to tell his ward where he went. So we were the first to visit him in a couple months. He was super happy and cried of joy. I know God led us to him and will never forgot the sweet experience we had. Lately I have been trying to be more and more obedient in even smaller rules because I want to have all the spirit I can. It has brought some challenges in my companionship, but ultimately I feel I am helping us to see more growth in ourselves and in our area. I have come to love obedience because I have seen the blessings it brings and know that even though we can`t always see the blessings, all things will be rewarded in the end:) 

In my studies, I came across a scripture in Mathew 5:23-24 which says,

"23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;

24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift."

After reading this passage, I realized I needed to talk with my companion since he`s been frustrated with me at times for being strict with him. I stopped what I was doing and talked with him, even though he didn`t want to at first. It helped us to express ourselves and come to terms and now we are getting along better. We still haven`t had anyone attend church, but we are being diligent in continuing to search. 

Ugh I wish I could say more but there`s never enough time. Love you all and I am so grateful for all the experiences my mission brings!!

I totally ripped my sleeve this week. Luckily I`ve got more coming soon:P

No comments:

Post a Comment