Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Weeks 63 and 64

Meeting brother-in-law, Ryan, for first time on Skype :)

It was AMAZING to talk to the family on Mothers Day and crazy to see how much things are changing. I loved being able to meet Ryan finally and that´s so cool he got a job at the MTC. That´s my goal after the mission! Mothers Day was yesterday (5/10) here and my companion and I were able to visit many of the sisters of the ward to wish them happy mothers day and share a message with them. It had to do with the Preexistence and a story my companion had once read. It´s about a spirit who is about to enter into his body as a new baby in the world, but seeing all the problems and wickedness in the world is afraid of going. God then begins to explain to the spirit that he has no need to fear because he will have someone who will love, nurture, and protect him and that person he will call Mom. I didn't do a very good job of explaining it, but it went something like that and we shared a scripture in Abraham 3:22:

22 Now the Lord had shown unto me, Abraham, the intelligences that were organized before the world was; and among all these there were many of the noble and great ones;

and then explained the story. It was really special for us and I hope it was for them too. It is the least we could do for all they do to help and support us on the mission.

Today I went to the temple for the first time in over 8 months and it was AMAZING. First of all, I understood the Spanish with a higher clarity which showed how much I've progressed in that time. Also, I was able to receive comfort and peace as I conversed with my Heavenly Father in the Celestial room. In fact, I lost myself in prayer so much that when I finally opened my eyes, I was the only one left in the room. The most incredible feeling of peace and happiness overcame me as I walked around the beautiful room one last time. I LOVE the temple!!! I received answers to my prayers as well and was motivated to keep working hard and serving with all my might mind and strength.

Kasey and Kayla look so awesome in the musical, I wish I could see it. Hope I can someday if Dad records it again:)

Later today I went to the park Fundidora again with Elder Eduardo and Elder Clark (my MTC companion), which was super fun since we got to enter a Mexican history museum. I wasn't able to stop by the house for my adapter so I´ll send pictures of both the temple and the park next Monday. 

Anyways I love you all and enjoy the reception in Arizona Saturday!!!


Week 64 (Sorry - no pictures yet.)

This has been another crazy fast week on the mission. I have been learning so much as I am put into rough situations and also through my mistakes. I am so grateful for the atonement of my savior and the comfort it brings. I want to share a scripture that has helped me a lot in times of trial.

28 ¶Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Everything is going well and I´ll be sure to arrange my time better next time so I can write more and send pictures, but we had a Zone Activity, which was a barbecue, and the member we had talked with to bring the grill, meat, and everything showed up super late. We should have called it off as soon as we knew it was running late, but the person said he was on the way. Anyways, I´m so grateful for the experiences I have on the mission and the progress I can see through following my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I am learning to put him above everything else, including other people because the first law is to love the Lord thy God, the second is to love others. It´s easy to confuse the two in their order if we aren't careful. Love you all and I must ask for forgiveness for not having acted more boldly today so I'd have more time to write. The good news is the Lord already paid for my mistakes and so I can use the strength he gives me to press onward. I love my God and my mission he has blessed me with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment