Monday, July 25, 2016

Week 74

My companion and I barbecued chicken wings!!

Habanero BBQ sauce!!! I was disappointed that it isn't very spicy though...:(

I had a wonderful week, to be honest, mostly because of an investigator we found who`s pure gold! His name is Fidel Martini and he is in a part-member family. When we knocked on his door, looking for his wife who`s a member, he came out instead and was thrilled and said, "Finally the Mormon missionaries have arrived!". I was confused at first, but he later explained how he`d been waiting a few days now for us to visit him after having the urge to see us. Turns out he is ready to change his life and wants to go to a church and says he sure hopes it can be the Mormon church because he loves our religion! He accepted a baptismal date for the 21st of August, which so happens to be his birthday as well :D

Yes, it has been super hot lately, but in comparison to last year it`s not too bad. I don`t know if it`s because I`m more used to it this year, or because I wear a hat now, or that it`s not as hot here in Guadalupe because of the mountains close by, or if it just hasn't been as hot temperature-wise, but I`m not too worried about the why behind it. I`m just happy not to be suffering as much :)

I was just informed that I have Mormon Pioneers in my ancestry, and on my mom`s side!? She says, "The first ancestor to join the church is Ephraim Mecham, who was born in 1808. He joined the church in 1837. It looks like he was one of the saints who rushed to get their temple work done in the Nauvoo Temple before they were forced to leave because he had his initiatory and endowments done in 1846." That`s so cool!! I`ll definitely have to look into that more when I get home, I've actually been craving to do some hard core family history lately :P

Honestly, I don`t know my new mission president too well yet, but I will have an interview with him soon and hope to get to know him a little better. From what I've heard, he is a really cool guy and is trying his best to find out how this mission runs and look for ways to improve it.

Something I learned during a lesson in Priesthood class actually came through revelation. The teacher, Brother Martinez, was explaining how God the Father and God the Son both have a body of flesh and bones, but God the Holy Ghost doesn't, rather he is a personage of Spirit. He said then that the reason is so that he can dwell within us and give us guidance and comfort. I realized in that moment how great of a blessing that is and how great of a sacrifice on the Holy Ghost`s part! He is willing to give up having a body to be there with us every step of the way and testify and teach us of the truth. How greater is my desire to heed to his counsel! Also it explains why it is such a big sin to deny the Holy Ghost. Anyways I am so blessed to have been given the gift of the Holy Ghost because I know that that guarantees me the right to his companionship always, as long as I am living righteously :D 

Love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!!


 P.S. Happy Birthday Kasey and Krystina!!! Hope you enjoyed your special days and the letters I sent you:))


Getting closer to fully organized in the house:P

No comments:

Post a Comment