Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Week 94

One of the posters we printed out and placed all over town!!

I have some CRAZY NEWS!!! Yesterday President Maucotel called me in the evening and asked me "are you sitting down or standing up?" and I replied "standing up, why?" to which he responded "well you might want to sit down after I tell you the revelation we received for your transfer" and I was thinking what the heck is going on....when he told me " we are sending you to Cadereyta!" Not only that but "you are going to moved up to Zone Leader 1 again and are going to train a new Zone Leader for your last full transfer in the mission field. How`s that for unexpected?" Yeah I was stunned to say the least...but excited too! I`m headed back to the countryside in good ol`Cadereyta and with a bike again!😊

It`s going to be a challenge taking on this calling, especially since the Zone`s have grown, as there are only 5 Zones in the mission now and that means I am going to be in charge of like 30 missionaries in a wide-stretched area. The good news is it`ll keep me preoccupied for the next 7 weeks, that`s for sure!!

Other big news is the missionary I trained, Elder Polanco, is going to remain here in this Ward as a new trainer!! I`m so happy for him and I know he`s going to do great. 😄

On Saturday we had a big activity in a flea market that is in the main street close to the Chapel every Saturday evening. We struggled a little to get everything together since many members offered to help, but we had to gather everything together. In the end, it turned out even better than I had hoped!! We had a large speaker where we played Christmas music, gave out hot chocolate (yes it got super cold that night thank goodness because no one wants hot chocolate when it`s hot) and two sisters and many young men/women accompanied us for a couple hours where we gave out cards to announce the #ILUMINAelMUNDO video, missionary pamphlets, and gift wrapped Books of Mormon that the young men/woman and other members helped wrap and write their testimonies with a few favorite scriptures in them. We gave out over 50!!! It was a huge success and I have faith that many will be influenced by what we shared. 😊

An example of the Books of Mormon we gifted Saturday, the people loved it!

As far as our investigators, the Lopez Mendoza Family didn't make it to church again, which was a bummer, but we were happy to see that the Grandpa of the baby that was blessed last week was there with two of his granddaughters. 😃

I heard Ethan Stokes is going on a mission! Good job Ethan!! I can`t wait to hear where you are to serve!!! I definitely plan on seeing you before you leave, man. 😁 

I was super impressed with my family's song they sang in the Christmas concert and will sing on Christmas day. Be sure to make it to sacrament meeting that day to hear!! Anyways love you all, thanks for everything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment