Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Week 95

Missionary activity with the ward in the flea market, such a success!!

Alright so I can´t believe it´s almost Chirstmas!!! I am both excited and bummed. Excited because I get to Skype my family on Christmas and bummed because this time of the year is my favorite in the mission field since the people are so open and filled with the spirit of Christ like no other period of time, and this is my last time to experience it.

Big news...I have my first AMERICAN companion!!! His name is Elder Sanders from West Jordan Utah and he has about 13 months on the mission. It´s super weird not having a Mexican companion since that´s all I've had in the mission field. I feel like I´m just in a really long exchange because it´s the only time I would be with another Elder from the USA before now. He´s a really cool guy and super fun to work with. I love his dedication and willingness to work hard, despite the trials. One of which is riding a bike since he´s hardly ever ridden before! He´s working hard though and we are both super sore after these few days biking up and down hills (our area is full of them!)

On Sunday I ran into many of the members I knew so well from the Espigas Ward and it was funny to see their confused faces as they tried to figure out where they recognized me from. Several thought I had already finished the mission ๐Ÿ˜Š. I was bummed to not see the family I taught when in Espigas, but hope they´ll come soon. I miss them!



We worked hard this week in our area despite many obstacles, including 2 trips back to the offices and Mission Leadership Council on Thursday. That meeting was probably my favorite yet since it was super spiritual and a little more close and personal since before there used to be like 26-30 present and now it was only 10 Zone Leaders, 4 Sister Leaders, 2 assistants and President and Sister Maucotel. That´s only 18. I enjoyed it though. 

On Friday we have our mission Christmas get together and I´ll be able to see many of the missionaries I adore, like elder Polanco and his new trainee (who´s also from the USA).

Saying goodbye to a wonderful family and a great man.
Familia Abrego.

I had a cool experience finding from a referral given in the internet yesterday. We found a Sister who´s daughter is an active member and sent the referral to talk to her. We showed up on Sunday and turned out that the whole family was there, including 3 members of the church! We taught 5 non-members and all 5 accepted baptismal dates thanks to the help of the members explaining their conversions and testimonies ๐Ÿ˜ƒ. There were many other great experiences and I wish I could tell them all. I love the mission and can´t wait to talk about it when I get home ๐Ÿ˜„. Thanks for all your love and support. Have a wonderful week and a Merry CHRISTmas everyone  ๐Ÿ˜€. Oh and a Happy New Year too!


No comments:

Post a Comment